Boston Launches Food-Truck-App Contest; the Humane Society Invests in Hardee's and Carl's Jr.
• The City of Boston's on the prowl for a mobile app to locate food trucks. Wanna design one? Their contest runs until February 24. Winner gets passes to food truck festivals (and Hubway membership!). [Herald]
• The Humane Society has become an investor in the private equity firm that owns Carl's Jr and Hardee's. Keep your enemies close? [HuffPo]
• "Flex-casual" is an increasingly popular concept in the chain-restaurant industry: counter service by day, full service by night. [NRN]
• NPR's food blog the Salt has some helpful suggestions for what to do with Twinkies, including wearing them or using them as a flotation device. [Salt/NPR]
• Behold the insidious truth behind why your grandma pilfers sugar packets. [Eatocracy/CNN]